With 74 cameras following the housemates 24X7, Big Boss season 7 has started from September 15, 2013. The opening ceremony was hosted by none other than Salman Khan who will be hosting the show for the 4th time in a row. He was briefly joined by another Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar who was there to promote his upcoming Bollywood movie “Boss” which is set to release on October 16th 2013. Comedian Kapil Sharma also joined Salman Khan for a short act and entertained the audience with his witty, spontaneous humorous lines.
This year’s show will last for 15 weeks (104 days) concluding on Saturday, 28 December 2013.
This year’s show is based on the theme of ‘hell’ and ‘heaven’. The house has been divided into two parts, some of the housemates have been allocated with more luxurious space to live which is named ‘heaven’ and some have been placed in more rural kind of setting with beds arranged on the floor which is named as ‘hell’.
First 2 candidates, VJ Andy and Tannisha who entered the BiggBoss house before everyone else were given the responsibility to decide who will stay in the ‘heaven’ side of house and who will stay on the ‘hell’ side of the house.
Names and details of the Big Boss 7 contestants
- Apoorva Agnihotri: Television actor Apoorva Agnihotri worked in serial ‘Jassi Jaise Koi Nahin’ and became popular after serial turned out to be a huge success.
- Shilpa Agnihotri: She shot to fame with Ekta Kapoor’s ‘Kyunki Saan Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’. Shilpa and Apoorva are husband and wife, they are married for 9 years. In July 2012 Shilpa Agnihotri and her husband Apoorva Agnihotri were attending a rave party which cops raided. She was said to have consumed the illegal drugs on the party but the couple said they were innocent and they did not know that it was rave party, they attended the party under the impression that it was a friends birthday party.
- Rajat Rawail: Producer-director Rajat Rawail is also one of the housemate of the Big Boss season 7. Rajat Rawail has given many hit movies such as Ready, No Problem, Shortcut etc and believed to be a close friend of Salman Khan. Rajat Rawail has also secured the right of remake of Amitabh Bachhan hit ‘kalia’ and he might use his time in BigBoss house to find some of the cast for the movie.
- Pratyusha Banerjee: Pratyusha Banerjee shot to fame as Anandi in ‘Balika Vadhu’
- Anita Advani: After death of Rajesh Khanna, Anita Advani became news headline for sometimes for her claim to be late actor Rajesh Khanna’s live-in partner. She demanded her right on the assets and properties of Rajesh Khanna. She is the oldest contestant of ‘Bigg Boss 7′
- Kushal Tandon: Television actor Kushal Tandon is famous as ‘Virat’ in serial ‘Ek Hazaroon Me Meri Behna Hai’. He has admitted to be a borderline alcoholic and intends to detoxify himself in the BigBoss house.
- Gauahar Khan: She is the sister of television actress Nigaar Khan and known for her roles in movies like ‘Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year (2009)’ and ‘Ishaqzade’.
- Armaan Kohli: Armaan Kohli worked in movies Badle Ki Aag (1982), Raj Tilak (1984) as child actor and as alead actor on the movies like Virodhi (1992), Aulad Ke Dushman (1993) and Qahar (1997). All of his movies as the lead actor were failed at the box office. He was set to play the role that Shahrukh Khan Played in the movie Deewana with Rishi kapoor but Armaan walked out of the movie of after completing the first shooting schedule. Ironically Deewana became a super hit and Shahrukh Khan became the household name with the movie. Actor Armaan Kohli was last seen in ‘LOC: Kargil’. Armaan Kohli is the son of producer and director Rajkumar Kohli.
- Sangram Singh: Indian wrestler, Sanjit Kumar, better known by his stage name Sangram Singh is also part of the Big Boss season 7.
- Elie Evram: International dancer Elie Evram is another contestant of BigBoss season 7. She is a friend of Salman Khan and Elie Evram is all set to make a Bollywood debut in ‘Mickey Virus’ opposite Manish Paul.
- Tannisha: Kajol’s actress sister Tannisha, who was seen in films like ‘Sarkar’ and ‘Neil n Niki’ is also a contestant in the Bigg Boss’ house.
- Ratan Rajput: Ratan Rajput’s claim to fame is ‘Agle Janam Mohe Bitya hi Kijo’
- VJ Andy: ‘Beauty and the Geek’ host VJ Andy will is not a participant in the Bigg Boss season 7.
- Hazel Keech: Actress Hazel Keech was seen in Salman Khan’s hit film ‘Bodyguard’ and now she is a participant in the Big Boss season 7.
- Kamya Punjabi: Kamya has worked small roles on many movies like Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai, Na Tum Jaano Na Hum and Koi Mil Gaya etc. She is more famous for her negative roles in Indian TV serials like Astitva…Ek Prem Kahani as Kiran, Banoo Mein Teri Dulhann as Sindoora Singh, Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki as Kamya, and in Amber Dhara as Deepika. Punjabi has also played positive roles in Piya Ka Ghar (TV series) as Simran, Maryada: Lekin Kab Tak as Uttra and Kyun Hota Hai Pyaar as Ramya. Kamya Punjabi won the award for Best Actor in a Negative Role for Banoo Mein Teri Dulhann as Sindoora Singh and now she is participating in the Bigg Boss season 7 to see if she can win the show.